- Festival of Trees, Nov. 9 & 10, 2019 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cedar Rapids Convention Complex. Enjoy a festive walk through the collection of decorated Christmas trees and enjoy live music by local performers.
- Home for the Holidays, Nov. 9, 2019 at The Venue by Butcher Block. A fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House Charities, save the date for a night of music and tribute performances to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and all your favorite Rat Packers.
- Holiday Mansion Tours, Nov. 29 through Dec. 31, 2019 at Brucemore. With thirteen trees and garlands galore, the mansion is decked out on all four floors during this annual holiday tradition.
- Celtic Yuletide, Nov. 20, 2019 at the Paramount Theatre Cedar Rapids. “Christmas from Ireland” told in song, dance and festive stories.
- An Irish Christmas in America, Nov. 29, 2019 at CSPS Hall.a fascinating evening of Irish music, song, dance and stories.
- Christmas in the Park, Dec. 6, 2019 in Uptown Marion. Enjoy horse drawn carriage rides, hot cocoa & popcorn, holiday music and the lighting of the Peace Tree.
- Deck The District, Dec. 6-8, 2019 in Czech Village/New Bohemia Mainstreet District.
- Old World Christmas Market, Dec. 7-8, 2019 at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library. Visitors can shop for unique products and enjoy the one of a kind shopping experience while enjoying delicious food and beverages and listening to holiday music.
- Prelude to Christmas, Dec. 6-8, 2019 in Amana. A celebration of the holiday season including a glimpse into Amana's Christmas past.
- Santa, Snacks & Stories, Dec. 8 & 9, 15 & 16, 2019 at Brucemore. A holiday tradition, children will participate in a craft, listen to holiday stories, and give Santa their wish-lists.
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze, Dec. 12, 2019 at Paramount Theatre Cedar Rapids. Audiences of all ages will marvel at soaring acrobatics, gravity defying feats and extravagant theatrical production.
- Amy Friedl Stoner's Christmas Cabaret, Dec. 13, 2019 at Paramount Theatre Cedar Rapids. Classic Christmas songs and contemporary favorites.
- Holiday Spectacular: Orchestra Iowa Pops at the Paramount, Dec. 20-22, 2019 at Paramount Theatre Cedar Rapids. Celebrate the holidays at Cedar Rapids’ beautiful & historic Paramount Theatre with Maestro Timothy Hankewich, Orchestra Iowa, and star blues guitarist, Kevin “B.F.” Burt and more!
- A Very Ugly Sweater Party at NewBo City Market, Dec. 20 at NewBo City Market. Wear your brightest, merriest, ugliest Christmas sweater and join us for this free event!
- NewBo City Market's Annual Gingerbread House Party!, Dec. 21 at NewBo City Market. Grab a limited-edition Gingerbread beer from Confluence Brewing Company, a gingerbread cookie, say hi to Santa, and let's get decorating!
Check out our Holiday Event Calendar for more holiday fun!
We all know the holidays can be stressful, from deciding who’s going to make the turkey, to addressing and stamping the holiday cards. Whether you’re a shopper who likes to plan ahead, or a procrastinator who waits until the last minute, it’s our goal to help you cross everyone off your shopping list this season!
- Czech Village/New Bohemia Main Street District: Shop dozens of local retailers offering unique and personal gifts for everyone on your list - from outdoor gear to vintage wear to vinyl records!
- Uptown Marion: Be sure to stop into Scout of Marion and the many locally owned boutiques - from clothing to home decor.
- Cedar Rapids Shopping Centers: There are two main areas of town with abundant shopping opportunities within a few blocks. The Lindale Mall area is on the Northeast side of town and the Westdale area is on the Southwest side of Cedar Rapids. Both areas are surrounded with multiple shopping plazas and a variety of stores and restaurants to make for a complete day of shopping!
Take a break from shopping and experience our vibrant culinary scene! Cedar Rapids is home to many unique dining options that are locally owned.
While most places are closed on holidays, some restaurants in our community are open on Christmas Day.
350 First will have a delicious Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Special for $33.00 per person. An Ale Carte & Children's Menu will be available. Reserve your spot today by calling (319) 731-4483, as reservations are required.
Check back soon to see more restaurants that are typically open over the holidays! Their menus and hours may vary from their regular offerings and schedule.
NEW YEAR'S EVE
- Kids NYE Party at The Play Station.
Noon Year's Eve Celebration at the Cedar Rapids Public Library.
The Roaring (20)20s New Year's Eve Party at The History Center.
New Year's Eve with Elizabeth Moen at CSPS Hall.
NYE Celebration Hosted by LMD Productions at the Cedar Rapids Marriott.
More events coming soon!
- Popoli Ristorante is offering a Prix Fixe menu, details coming soon.
Many locally owned restaurants put their best food forward to celebrate the new year with dinner specials. Check back for an expanded list of restaurants offering a truly special experience this New Year's Eve.
Cedar Rapids is an ideal destination for the holidays, with events and celebrations around every corner. Book a place to stay this December for a cheerful and memorable holiday season!