Calling all carnivores! Cedar Rapids is choke-full of steak options, from food trucks to reservation-only restaurants, don’t miss all the delicious cuts in the area. Looking for a place to start exploring, check out a few of our favorites below.
350 First, 350 First Ave NE, Cedar Rapids
Enjoy a culinary treat while taking in one of the best views of the city. 350 First, located on the 16th floor of the DoubleTree by Hilton in downtown never disappoints!
- Try: Top Sirloin Steak, 8-ounce sirloin with sweet potato fries snap peas and chimichurri
Black Sheep Social Club, 600 1st Street SE, Cedar Rapids
Nestled into a former warehouse, the Black Sheep menu takes its cues from local resources and never fails to provide a tasty and unique dining experience.
- Try: Porterhouse T-Bone, 18-ounce T-bone stuffed portobello mushroom with house steak sauce
Chophouse Downtown, 411 1st Street SE, Cedar Rapids
On the banks of the Cedar River, Chophouse Downtown has a wide-ranging menu, fun ambiance, great cocktails and top-notch steaks.
- Try: Filet Mignon, tender cut with mild flavor, garlic confit crusted and made from scratch onion rings
The Class Act, 7725 Kirkwood Boulevard SW, Cedar Rapids
Located within The Hotel at Kirkwood Center, the restaurant is ideal for romantic dinners, family celebrations and business gatherings. In addition, their restaurant provides a real-time, teaching environment for Kirkwood’s groundbreaking Culinary Arts program.
- Try: Steak Frites, 8-ounce chili lime marinated skirt steak, parmesan gremolata fries and jicama-cilantro slaw
Kingston Steakhouse, 568 Boyson Road NE #100, Cedar Rapids
With a nice restaurant atmosphere and a relaxing patio, enjoy a diverse menu including a variety of aged USDA steaks, fresh seafood, pork & chicken entrees, sandwiches, burgers and more!
- Try: Steak Diane, Two 4-oz pan-seared filet mignons with a brandy, Dijon, mushroom, caper sauce
Lighthouse Inn Supper Club, 6905 Mount Vernon Road SE, Cedar Rapids
Built in 1912, The Lighthouse Inn Supper Club is the oldest restaurant in Cedar Rapids and the oldest supper club in Iowa. With their history, it's fair to say they know what they’re doing. So, grab a table and share a memory with Al Capone and John Dillenger, both of whom were known to dine at the Lighthouse.
- Try: Prime Rib, oven-baked tenderness seasoned with house spaces, Served Friday and Saturday only.
Midtown Reserve, 319 7th Street SE, Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids' newest reservation-only steakhouse offers fine dining fare, USDA prime steaks, craft cocktails and an extensive wine list. Enjoy a fine dining experience in an intimate setting with weekly specials.
- Try: Filet Oscar, an 8 or 12-ounce filet with crab, asparagus and bearnaise sauce
Oyama Sushi & Steakhouse, 5350 Council Street NE, Cedar Rapids
Visit Oyama’s for an informal atmosphere featuring a wide-ranging sushi menu, teppanyaki tables and unique steak options.
- Try: Tokyo Steak, grilled steak with Japanese style BBQ sauce