Spring Break Programing:
- AirFX: AirFX is the perfect place for your kids to have a blast while also staying active and learning new skills. Our Spring Break Camp is led by experienced and friendly instructors who are dedicated to providing a safe and fun environment for all campers. Learn more here.
- EichenPaint: Enjoy a WeeCanPaint class at EichenPaint! Kids (and adults) can purchase a blank 8”x10” canvas and pick out colors from my Paint Buffet and paint whatever they want! Learn more.
- Iowa Children’s Museum: Kids can take a spring break PLAYcation! Museum educators will provide supervised play opportunities for children ages 4 to 11 (preschool through 5th grade), with each day catered to a different age group and set of interests. Register here.
- Rollin’ Recmobile: The Cedar Rapids Parks and Recreation Department is bringing the Rollin' Recmobile to a place near you this Spring Break! Join the Parks and Rec team from 1pm to 3pm on March 13th - 16th at area parks. Find the Schedule here.
- Theatre Cedar Rapids: Step on stage for Spring Break Camp at TCR! In this Monday through Thursday camp experience, students will write, direct and star in their own mini-play! Using their own imaginations and teamwork, the class will showcase their creative magic at the end of the session with a filmed performance for families. Learn more.
Explore More Spring Break Activities:
- African American Museum of Iowa: Learn about the rich heritage of African Americans in Iowa through amazing exhibits and displays.
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art: Originating in 1895, The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, is a thriving and dynamic art museum for our community and visitors.
- Cedar Rapids Public Library: See why the library is a major destination in Cedar Rapids. Check out an always-growing collection of traditional books and public art, then head to the rooftop for a beautiful view of Green Square park.
- Fantastic Escape: With multiple rooms to test out your detective skills, it’s the perfect getaway for problem solvers and puzzle lovers!
- Get Outdoors: Hike, bike, visit a park and enjoy the great outdoors. There are endless options throughout the area, from city parks and the Cedar Valley Nature Trail, to Wickiup Hill and Indian Creek Nature Center!
- Ice Skating: Glide over to ImOn Ice, rent a pair of skates and take a few turns around the ice!
- Iowa Ceramics Center: Let your kids get creative in a class at the Iowa Ceramics Center!
- Indian Creek Nature Center: Stop into Amazing Space to see their exhibits and grab yourself some local honey!
- National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library: Learn about Czech heritage through the interactive exhibits at the museum! Don’t forget to stop into their gift shop on the way out.
- NewBo City Market: Find something for everyone's taste at NewBo City Market. Grab a meal or a snack and take a turn perusing the shops!
- Pinspiration Cedar Rapids: At Pinspiration, you can choose from dozens of the trendiest DIY projects and make a reservation to create on your own!
- The Play Station: Climb, play, jump around and enjoy the arcade!
- The Quarter Barrel: Enjoy classic arcade games, pinball and pizza on your spring break.
- Spare Time Entertainment: The new Spare Time Entertainment center is officially open! Treat your kids to bowling, escape rooms, laser tag and the game zone for a fun spring break activity.
- Speedeezz Indoor Karting: Race away the winter blues at Speedeezz! Their indoor go-kart location in SW Cedar Rapids has two tracks for varying skill levels. Kids 36" and taller can ride with a licensed driver, those 54" and taller can drive on their own.
- Uptown Artway: Snap some candid shots in Uptown Marion. Treat the kids (and yourself) with a sweet treat from Frydae!
- Victory Sports Center: Experience where athletes and families come to train and play! Attempt ninja warrior courses, bouldering walls, trampolines, airbags and more!
Make it a vacation:
Make it a slumber party and book a room at an area hotel and check out some of our amazing dining spots for kids and adults!