From heavy metal to classical, country to pop and all the soloists, duos and groups between, the live music scene is thriving all around Cedar Rapids! Most weekends you’ll find local musicians at an array of venues around the city, and we’ve complied the list below to help you on your way.
- Bo Mac’s: “Dine Drink Dance” at this NewBo staple featuring good food, good drinks and a great variety of local musicians.
- Cedar River Landing: Pair your dinner and drinks with a rocking good time all year long. You’ll find Thursday nights bumping with local DJs and Friday nights thumping when bands take the stage.
- Chrome Horse Saloon: With a consistent line up of local and regional acts every Friday and Saturday night, order up some tasty food, thirst-quenching drinks and enjoy music on the outdoor stage.
- CSPS: This historic landmark once served the Czech-Slovak Protective Society (hence the name “CSPS”), and has now been reimagined into a venue for live entertainment.
- NewBo City Market: - After exploring the market in the spring, summer or fall, take a load off and relax with a wide variety of programming including live music on the outdoor stage.
- Opus Concert Café: Often featuring the musicians from Orchestra Iowa, you’ll find this classy venue next to the Paramount Theatre. Don’t miss the First Friday Jazz Series, Now Hear This Series, and more!
- Cocktails & Company: Enjoy live music with your dinner and drinks most Friday and Saturday nights, and sing your karaoke-loving heart out every Sunday and Thursday at 9pm.
- Moco Game Room & Hot Dog Bar: Featuring a monthly line up of great music to enhance your “hot dog joint” experience, don’t miss the fun and lively atmosphere at Moco.
- Mulligan’s Pub: Catch some tunes while keeping tabs on the score. More than a sports bar, Mulligan’s plays host to a large variety of live music.
- North Point: A little off the beaten path and close to Coe College, catch local musicians and the occasional karaoke at this hometown favorite.
- Otis’ Tailgators: This late-night staple is open from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. and focuses on the music with a large indoor stage (and occasional outdoor stage). You won’t go thirsty as you enjoy the beer garden and great company.
- Rumors Bar & Grill: With a regular schedule of live music and karaoke, your ears and stomach will enjoy the harmonies of great music and delicious food. Plus, don’t miss the Wess-side Jam every Sunday!
- Checkers tavern + eatery: Dine like a local and order up some Midwest comfort food (meatloaf day!) while enjoying live music from cover bands to hometown favorites.
- Whiskey Jo’s Pub & Grub: Entertaining patrons all week long, you’ll find a full schedule of live music including open mics every Thursday and Jam & Wings every Wednesday.
- Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery: South of the airport, enjoy an upscale atmosphere and dinner with some of the best acoustic musicians and rock bands around. And of course, don’t forget the bourbon!