Cedar Rapids' culinary scene continues to add exciting new restaurants and garner national acclaim. What was once thought of by many as a "chain town" is now an area defined by the dozens of new locally-owned restaurants pairing creative farm-to-table menus with local beer and craft cocktails. No place is this remarkable culinary shift more evident than in the Downtown, NewBo and Czech Village districts.
- Bask in the elegant architecture of Louis Sullivan (mentor to Frank Lloyd Wright) while savoring scratch-made Italian cuisine.
- Della Viti
- Taste your way through 40 handpicked wines at this serve-yourself wine lounge downtown. Not big on wine? Don't worry, they have craft beer and top shelf liquor, too.
- White Star
- Sample from more than 100 beer options and creative American dishes at this cool, casual, contemporary bar and restaurant.
- Pub 217
- For a late night burger craving, check out Pub 217, which serves food until 1 a.m. seven days a week.
- Cobble Hill
- One of Iowa's most romantic restaurants according to Midwest Living and Town & Country features James Beard nominated and Guy's Grocery Games winning chef, Andy Schumacher.
- Quarter Barrel
- Entertain anyone at this arcade & brewery, serving house-made craft beer and creative pizzas alongside classic arcade games.
NewBo & Czech Village
- Five-star cuisine meets street taqueria, plus house-made margaritas on tap.
- Parlor City
- A Cedar Rapids hot spot with 56 beers on tap, a killer patio and weekly live music.
- Lion Bridge Brewing Co.
- A nationally award-winning brewery with upscale pub food, an inviting atmosphere and a brand new patio, complete with a bocce ball court.
- NewBo City Market
- Home to dozens of food and retail vendors, from wood-fire pizza to cupcakes, dumplings and one of the state's top burger joints.
- Vivian's Soul Food
- Indulge in authentic, comforting soul food-- from fried or jerk chicken, short ribs, baked mac & cheese, grits, collard greens, cornbread and much more.
- Back-to-back Restaurant Week Champions for good reason, this contemporary grill serves delicious American fare.
- Farm-to-fork with unique twists on traditional breakfast favorites and a creative coffee menu.
- Cedar Ridge
- Named 2017 Distillery of the Year, Cedar Ridge offers a brunch buffet with a view (overlooking vineyards and whiskey aging houses).
- Visit this family-owned coffee shop for a belly full of breakfast burrito, biscuits and gravy or today's flavor of quiche. The coffee is a can't-miss, too.
- The Pig & Porter*
- One of Cedar Rapids' hottest brunch spots, serving unique seasonal dishes with locally-sourced ingredients.
*located in NewBo