Are you passionate about the details? Do you get excited about all there is to do in the Cedar Rapids area?
The Cedar Rapids Tourism Office, managed by VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids, markets the Cedar Rapids area as a destination for tourism, conventions, meetings, sports events and special events through the active solicitation of tournament directors, convention and meeting planners, and through engagement with leisure travelers. The Tourism Office attracts events to the area that will continue to be the economic driver for hotels, restaurants and local businesses.
We’re looking for a part time (25-30 hours per week) Marketing and Administrative Coordinator to support our small staff. Whether it's taking care of event calendar management, assisting with communications and marketing materials, or taking care of basic office tasks, you’ll be the one behind the scenes crossing the T's and dotting the I's to ensure we operate efficiently.
This position will serve as the primary point of contact for all visitors entering and calling the Cedar Rapids Tourism Office; you will collect and maintain data as requested; support marketing initiatives and outreach activities; coordinate and perform support activities for the sales and services team.
Your time will be spent multi-tasking and collaborating with individuals across the organization. We're fun and kind of obsessed with showing off all of the cool things that the Cedar Rapids area has to offer. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Answering phones and greet all visitors to the office, assisting with requests, and directing requests to appropriate staff, and/or provide information as requested.
- Assisting with website and social media content and posting.
- Managing website event calendar.
- Creating and distributing email newsletters: weekly events, partner updates, visitor news.
- Managing a media mention tracking program.
- Administering CRM accounts.
- Fulfilling services and materials requests for convention and event clients with direction from staff.
- Maintaining knowledge of and proficiency of office equipment (e.g., telephone system, fax, copier, postage meters, computers, etc.)
- Maintaining and ordering all office supplies.
We’re excited about you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent in office operations and/or marketing.
- You have experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- You have experience with Adobe Suite and basic graphic design skills.
- You are well-organized, extremely accurate and detailed-oriented.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills.
- You can work collaboratively as a team member in a small office atmosphere with initiative and adaptability.
- You have strong project management skills, and can juggle multiple priorities with ease.
- You take an entrepreneurial approach to task management and take control and manage tasks independently.
- You are able to lift 35 lbs.
Send a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Pickar, email@example.com by August 23.