NewBo City Market is a year-round public market in the heart of Cedar Rapids' New Bohemia neighborhood, a place for shopping, dining, meeting friends, and enjoying fun activities. Shopkeepers…More Info
Location: NewBo City Market
Time: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
1100 3rd Street SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
This event has already finished but is here for for your information
Assemble a team and head on down to NewBo City Market for National Puzzle Day!
Family Round - 11am - 1pm
Your family will be challenged to assemble a 500 piece puzzle in two hours! Family teams are limited to four members must have at least one participant age 15 or younger. Entry fee is $30 per team, which includes your puzzle (which you'll get to take home) and 4 drink coupons for NewBo Beer & Wine, which also serve non-alcoholic drinks. First place will receive a $50 gift certificate to NewBo City Market!
Adult Round - 2pm - 4pm
Piece together your adult team to assemble a 750 piece puzzle in two hours! Adult teams are limited to four members, and all participants on your team must be 16 or older. Entry fee is $40 per team, which includes your puzzle (which you'll get to take home) and 4 coupons for NewBo Beer & Wine. First place will receive a $75 gift certificate to NewBo City Market!
- All teams will be given the same puzzle design as their competitors.
- All teams are limited to four members.
- Puzzle design will not be announced prior to the event.
- No early starts! If you open your bag and begin your puzzle before the start of the contest you will be disqualified.
- Interference with a competitor's puzzle will result in disqualification.
- Hands only! The use of any puzzle tools or cutting devices will result in disqualification.
- Winners will be decided by the order in which they finish, or whichever teams have the least pieces remaining at the end of two hours.
- NewBo City Market staff will be monitoring the area and watching as teams get close to finishing. When your team is close to finishing, raise your hand and staff will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time.