The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art houses more than 7,200 works of art spanning many eras-from Roman antiquity to the present. The collection is particularly strong in American art, especially…More Info
Location: 410 Third Avenue SE
Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
410 3rd Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, IA
Next Upcoming Date: Saturday, June 8 2019 to Saturday, September 14 2019
Upcoming Dates For This Event:
- Saturday, June 8 to Saturday, September 14 2019
- Saturday, June 15 to Saturday, September 21 2019
- Saturday, June 22 to Saturday, September 28 2019
- Saturday, June 29 to Saturday, October 5 2019
- Saturday, July 6 to Saturday, October 12 2019
- Saturday, July 13 to Saturday, October 19 2019
- Saturday, July 20 to Saturday, October 26 2019
- Saturday, July 27 to Saturday, November 2 2019
- Saturday, August 3 to Saturday, November 9 2019
- Saturday, August 10 to Saturday, November 16 2019
A color-specific celebration of Iowa artists!
Juried by CRMA Associate Curator Kate Kunau, Into the Blue draws work from artists all over the state of Iowa. The work on display must have been created within the last three years and blue must be the dominant color. Into the Blue celebrates the hue in both two and three-dimensional works across all media and examines how blue has been incredibly important to artists for centuries: From the luxurious (and expensive!) ultramarine used to color the Virgin Mary’s cloak and star-studded vaults of heaven in medieval and Renaissance art to the exuberance of Yves Klein’s trademarked shade and, blue has long inspired artists and this exhibition.
This exhibition and accompanying educational programming have been made possible by Collins Aerospace and the Richard D. Pinney Exhibition Fund. Additional support has been provided by the Hotel-Motel Tax Fund, the Iowa Arts Council, a division of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts, members of the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, and contributors to the Museum’s Annual Fund. Annual educational programming support has been provided in part by Transamerica.