While there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from downtown, perhaps one of the most unique is Della Viti Wine Lounge, where guests have the freedom to serve themselves.
Here’s how it works:
- Start at the counter where a friendly cashier will load a card with money.
- Find a wine you’d like to taste.
- Insert your pre-paid card into one of the wine stations and select how many ounces you’d like.
- Hold your glass under the spout as the machine pours your wine.
- Enjoy! Grab a seat in one of the many comfortable chairs and socialize with friends.
- Continue tasting to your hearts delight.
With 40 handpicked wines to taste by the splash, glass or bottle as well as several locally-brewed craft beers and a selection of fine spirits, bourbons and scotch, there’s certainly something for everyone.
Most wines are moderately priced — landing somewhere between $5 and $10 per glass. But don’t be afraid to take advantage of tasting the more spendy options that you might not normally be able to afford an entire bottle of.
Don’t know where to start? Ask one of the knowledgeable and friendly staff. They’re sure to have a suggestion or two to help you find the right wine for you.
While Della Viti is focused primarily on wine, they also offer a small plate menu that includes cheeses, charcuterie and seasonal small bites to snack on between sips — so don’t worry about leaving hungry.
Owners Sarah and Scott Rivera want it to feel like an extension of your living room, so sit down and stay awhile. Try some wines you might not normally try and if you find one you love, bring a bottle home.
203 1st Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401